Photo Rejuvenation with Lumecca IPL (intense pulsed light)
Imagine healthy, vibrant skin, free from hyperpigmentation and vascular irregularities. Lumecca by InMode rejuvenates your skin and clarifies your complexion helping you look years younger. Intense Pulsed Light commonly known as a ‘photofacial’ works to remove hyperpigmentation, vascular lesions and small skin irregularities. It aides your skin in producing new collagen and elastin fibres, giving the skin a rejuvenated and refreshed appearance. Lumecca delivers 3x more energy than traditional IPL technology providing you with greater results in fewer treatments and it can be used to treat many areas of the body. The most common areas being face, neck, decollete, hands and arms.
Lumecca IPL is a fast and comfortable treatment with little to no downtime. It has a powerful cooling mechanism built-in that helps to relieve any discomfort during treatment. Most clients are able to return to their regular activities the same day. Your skin will look clearer with a more luminous complexion in as little as 14 days after the first treatment. Depending on the desired results, multiple treatments may be necessary. Your medical esthetics specialist will recommend the best course of treatment for you during a free consultation.
Lumecca can address the following:
- Benign pigmented lesions
- Uneven skin tone
- Broken capillaries
- Fine lines and wrinkles
What to Expect
During a Lumecca treatment, most people describe the sensation of IPL as a light snapping of an elastic band. Although treatments are not painful, at OLC we have options to reduce any discomfort if necessary. Pigmented lesions will often become darker within 24 hours of receiving treatment, and then start to lighten within 7-10 days. Some vascular lesions may disappear immediately post treatment and some may appear darker within 24 hours and then start to become less apparent in 7-10 days. The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles will start to diminish within 4 weeks of treatment with best results seen after 2-3 treatment sessions.
Prior to your skin revitalization treatment:
- avoid prolonged sun exposure for 4 weeks. The skin cannot be tanned at the time of treatment
- avoid the use of anticoagulants for 7-10 days prior to treatment if medically permitted
- apply SPF 30+ every 2 hours when exposed to the sun
- avoid retinol, AHA or BHA 5-7 days pre-treatment
- be sure to notify your technician of any changes to your health or medications
After your skin revitalization treatment:
- cool the skin as needed with cold gel packs, or a cool compress.
- wash the treatment area gently with a soothing skin cleanser for 5-7 days post treatment
- do not shave or pick the treated area if crusting is evident
- apply SPF 30+ sunscreen to protect exposed, treated areas