What are Chemical Peels?
At OLC, we use AlumierMD chemical peels for our clients, as it has proven time and again to dramatically brighten the skin and improve its overall texture and tone.
Natural exfoliating ingredients break down dead skin cells on the surface to reveal healthier, smoother skin and a more radiant complexion. Peel treatments improve skin texture and firmness, decreasing fine lines and wrinkles. Peels also even out skin tone, improve acne-prone skin and reduce pore size appearance.
Your skin care therapist will customize your treatment to address your individual skin care needs. AlumierMD chemical peel is a light to medium depth peel providing beautiful results with little to no downtime. A personalized skin care regimen can also be prescribed during your appointment.
There are numerous benefits that come with having a chemical peel. When dead skin cells are lifted, it allows the living cells below to multiply and move up, thereby promoting the growth of new and healthy skin cells, and increasing collagen and elastin fibers. Your skin becomes smoother, brighter and more radiant.
Chemical peels are also safe on virtually every skin tone. Your skin care therapist will recommend the best chemical peel for your individual needs.
Chemical peels can provide excellent results for those with fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage and age spots, as well as mild scarring and uneven texture. We can even customize chemical peels for sensitive skin types.
What to Expect
While the chemical peel solution is on the skin, most clients feel a sensation of warmth that is usually tolerated very well. Treatments vary from 30 to 45 minutes in length, and this includes deep cleansing and targeted treatment products.
Prior to your chemical peel, you should:
- stay out of the sun and avoid tanning beds for 2 weeks
- avoid retinol, BHA, and AHA for 5-7 days prior
- use AlumierMD skin care products for 10-14 days beforehand
After your chemical peel, you should:
- not cleanse the skin until the next day, and be sure to use all post-care products provided to you for 7 days post-treatment
- refrain from hair removal for 7 days post-treatment and do not pick any flaking skin, post-peel
- avoid laser, IPL, microdermabrasion or additional peels for 2 weeks after treatment
- avoid retinol, BHA and AHA for 7 days post-treatment
- refrain from excessive exercise for 2 days post-treatment
- avoid the sun